Thursday, February 19, 2015

Oven Butternut Squash Risotto

Oven Butternut Squash Risotto


This recipe was originated for my 11 month old daughter. I was running out of ideas to make my daughter for food. She is in between finger foods and adult foods. It is getting tough! So I figured I would rummage though my fridge and use what I had which happened to be a butternut squash, mushrooms, chicken broth, and some brown rice. She is a little spoiled. SO here goes a really delicious no hassle risotto! This risotto is amazing no lie. I recommend it to everyone and it is so easy.

Ingredients:
1 small organic yellow onion (chopped)
2 cups organic butternut squash  (diced)
1 cup organic baby bella mushrooms (chopped)
2 cups Sprouted short grain organic brown rice
1/2 organic cheese (I used Organic valley Colby)
4 cups Organic low sodium chicken broth
1 tsp sage
1 tsp Organic coconut oil 

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place all ingredients in an 8x8 casserole dish excluding the cheese. Stir to combine. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 90 minutes. Let rest covered 5 minutes after cooking. Mix cheese in and serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment